• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Motorola Bluetooth Connectivity T605

rollincode3

Hi Folks,

My new (to me) 2006 Avalanche came with a third party Motorola T605 Bluetooth adapter installed into the stereo. The stereo is the stock stereo with a 6 disc CD Changer (with Bose speakers.) I downloaded the T605 manual and I have been able to connect to it with my iPhone and make/receive phone calls without any problems at all (audio for phone calls come from the speakers), but I cannot get any music to play from the iPhone through the speakers. The phone acts as it should when paired with the T605 and I am able to use the T605 to change songs on my phone, but nothing will play through the speakers, even though the T605 clearly shows it is in "music mode."

I read in the troubleshooting section of the T605 that the stereo had to be on a specific setting to play music. I have gone through every AM, FM, and XM spot on the dial and it doesn't play from any of them. I had assumed it would have been the XM, but for some reason I am getting XM for free (perhaps the previous owner had a yearly subscription??) and the XM comes in clearly.

The stereo does have an AUX button, but it is a CD/AUX button and pushing it only plays a CD, or nothing when a disc isn't inserted.

Has anyone else had one of these T605's, or any experience with something similar?

Thanks for the help!

Justin

Not sure he will see your question,

According to his profile he was last active on this site:

01/15/17 11:51 AM

Yes, it was a stretch. I realized this morning that the audio requires a second harness (that came with the T605). Apparently the music / podcasts take a different route than the turn by turn and cellular. I will install this harness and splice that into the XM feed to gain access to that signal. I tested it this morning with a spare speaker I had. It should work.

Back