• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'03 4WD transmission vent tube, can't remember where it goes?

dano

Just buttoning up replacing the transmission in my 2003 1500 4WD.  I've had it apart a few weeks and I can't recall where one end of the transmission vent tube goes?  The breather cap end is attached up high on a bracket on my bell housing.  Another hose attached to the same bracket goes to the transfer case, that one's ok.  This is about a 4 ft hose and it Y's into a small 1/8 steel vent on the top tranny housing then I can't seem to remember where the other end goes?  TIA.

Well I finally found a site that has GOOD online diagrams for parts, not the generic ones it seems most of the online GM retailers are using.  Apparently my vent hose in question clips onto the top of the transfer case but the hose does not actually attach to anything- unlike the other vent hose which attaches to an adapter fitting on the transfer case.
http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=3044998&ukey_assembly=373384&ukey_make=1024&ukey_model=14479&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

it has been over 10 years since I replaced the trans in my first av. If I remember correctly it should attach to the tube about half way up just off center on the passenger side.

Attachments

• vent.JPG
    vent.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
Back