Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Painting the cladding! And hints and tricks would be great  (Read 2442 times)

Red02monster

I'm Painting the cladding! And hints and tricks would be great
« on: January 27, 2016, 22:46:10 PM »

:help: I have a red '02 z71 with the grey cladding. I'm definitely a fan of the cladding but I really want to paint it black. After reading through the other post on the topic there are a few different ways to go about it. Just wondering who has painted theirs, what you used, what it ended up costing, and of course how it turned out! Thanks guys, I appreciate the input in advance.

Dakotawilk

Re: I'm Painting the cladding! And hints and tricks would be great
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 23:03:39 PM »

I painted mine I was using good car wash some windexthen a degreaser. After that 2 coats of adhesian promoter then 3 coats of black plastic paint. It's worked well drug it down trees and no problem total price I belive was $150 mark. It's 1 can of degreaser 1 can of bulldog adhesian promoter and two cans of black paint. The bulldog stuff was the most pricy but one can just barley did the whole truck mind you I did not do bumpers or covers. I'll post pics some time.
Current mods
Cb radio, 40" curved led bar, torsion keys, raptor lights, rear bed LEDs, plasti dipped avalanche logos interior power bar bow tie, 12,000lb (going in steel bumper) 2 led cubes leveling kit magnaflow exhaust
Future mods,
35" Goodyear wranglers mtr's, covering seat covers, upgraded front rotors, steel bumper (deigning it now), led cubes (ordered), front bench seat, subs, rear 2" spacers, 6" lift (after college) projector headlights, led tail lights

khmer_avy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »

I'm interesting in painting my '07 rear trunk cladding/sails as well. Let me know what you guys decide and the results. :thumbsup:

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »

I did mine back in 07 after 9 years it's still holding up well.

3 words of advice PREP PREP PREP.

Although I sanded mine smooth and you don't want to do this, you still have to sand them and get top coating off.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,126975.0.html

Now for the bed panels not so good I use them allot the edges started to get scratched.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,101456.0.html
2003 2500
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 24 queries.