• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Going Green or Blue?

Calicak89

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2016
After 3 years of Silver, a year and 1/2 of Gloss Black and 2 1/2 years of Flat Black, I'm thinking of changing the body color of the AV again in the Spring. I'm working on a Subaru Forester engine swap/build right now, but I'm thinking of doing this once it's complete and wanted outside opinions.
I'm not a huge fan of any of the stock colors Chevy offered so I want to go with something unique. Something that will stand out but not be too extreme.
I am leaning toward green, like below, obviously without the abundance of graphics, or a medium to light blue as below, as great as the Bermuda Blue and Fairway green look, a want a solid color, not a metallic. I'm still undecided on weather or not it's going to get cleared or not so I want to stay solid in the event that I decide to go w/ a matte finish.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• HW Av.jpg
    HW Av.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 238
Have to say I'm a huge fan of the matte when I saw it in TN last year (y) (y)
Maybe a different color.

It's going green,  :eek:
Ordered the material today. It's going to be a Judson Green base coat (the medium green available on 68'-79' Toyota Land Cruisers) with a Nebula Green Pearl top coat, to bring it into the modern era.
Hugz said:
Have to say I'm a huge fan of the matte when I saw it in TN last year (y) (y)

I won't have the material, let alone the time to get this done in the next 5 days, so you'll get to see if flat at least one more time.

Calicak89 said:
It's going green,  :eek:
Ordered the material today. It's going to be a Judson Green base coat (the medium green available on 68'-79' Toyota Land Cruisers) with a Nebula Green Pearl top coat, to bring it into the modern era.
I won't have the material, let alone the time to get this done in the next 5 days, so you'll get to see if flat at least one more time.
Nice. I just reread this thread yesterday wondering what you did.
Really want to discuss the process with you next weekend.
Mine needs a change for sure as I've had the ghost flames since 2004.

Hugz said:
Nice. I just reread this thread yesterday wondering what you did.
Really want to discuss the process with you next weekend.
Mine needs a change for sure as I've had the ghost flames since 2004.
I'm pretty excited to see this.  (y)

13723844_1062613853829011_8179284618947908880_o.jpg

it's Done (ish). put the last color coat on yesterday and stripped it today.
I still need to do some clean-up and decide what I'm going to do with the wheels and emblems, I'm thinking maybe white, not really sure yet.
I left the grille and rear bumper black so that it doesn't look like a green blob from the front or rear and they tie in with the cladding and running boards to provide some contrast.

Attachments

• new color.jpg
    new color.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 109
  • new color2.jpg
    new color2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 108
Looks good Tom. Much different from the black we saw last month.

Its green alright, looks good.

Back