• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

rubber bed mat

disspence88

My bed mat gets a mildew or something on it and has an odor. I scrub it and it comes back. I park it in a carport so it outside all the time. Was wondering if someone had a similar problem or solution Thanks

Try taking it out and clean it then leave it out for a couple of days.

Clean it with simple green on both sides and not only do you get it to stop but you get a minty fresh smell too.  (y)

I've used spray foam tire restorer or foam tire black with a paint brush to work it through, works like a charm or magic whichever you prefer. :

High I'm new at this I have a 02 NFE and it has a Lillie leak in the truck under the front driver's side and passager side did. Anyone have a problem with there's if you did can you get in touch with me. Thanks

Welcome to the site Ferg,
You should spend some time reading old threads under water leaks and see the problem areas and what other members have done to fix leaks. You might not get very many replies in an old thread about bet mat moisture.
Areas to check would be windshield seals,backed up a/c drain or sunroof drains, also door seals including the rubber boot that is visible when you open your doors in the lower hinge area, it should hide a loom of wires and be attached to door on one end and door frame on other, then depending on slope of parking you could have leaky midgate seals or rear window seal and the water is just running forward.....

Thank you. It's not coming from the back cause the floor is dry near the mid gate. Only under the front floor mats

check the PROBLEM section for water leaks.

Back