• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear Door Locks inop

rwrenn1

since I got my '03 Avalanche, my rear door locks don't work both lock and unlock. Can anyone point me in some direction as to what to check. Thanks

By not work what do you mean?

The electric portion or at all?

The unit is all one piece so you are better off finding a newer compatible unit at the junk yard and replace the whole thing.

Or you can get a spray lithum grease and spray the heck out of them. I had an issue with a door not working and I lubricated the heck out of it and it started working again. My other rear door is doing this now.

The whole door mechanism is all one piece. The locks, solenoid, pin switch etc... When I had mine out it looked like they were riveted together and would be a pain to separate out.

Rodney

just the power portion does not work. both doors have to be manually locked or unlocked

time to get a new one.. very simple to replace

Have you checked fuses and relays?

But if it is the locks you can buy and replace them both..

Odds are it is something else for both to go bad...at same time is weird...

I think there is relay down near drivers foot on firewall... but I forget

my 03 when I lock ouch button to lock the doors only locks front, but when I push unlock it tries to unlock all four? would that be the switch in doors?

There is a switch on door,under the lock mechanism..to switch between children safety lock,and not engaged.Try it.

Try switching the relays around for front and rear. Had an issue with my 03 years back, rear locks wouldn?t lock or unlock. Replaced the relay, had same issue, ended up playing around with the relay and it started working, I guess it wasn?t making a good connection in the fuse box for whatever reason. Been working fine now for probably 3+ years.

Morning
I just purchased a 2007 LT.
Power windows on both back doors do not work.
Also the drivers control on door will not work with rear windows,

Both front power windows work fine

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Back