• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any autoride owners with lifts/leveling kits?

wakebdr

Have a 2010 LTZ with autoride that I want to raise up a little bit.  It's only for aesthetic purposes, so the cheapest route is the best option for me.  I've seen pictures of people on here who have LTZ's with leveling kits in the front and spacers (I think that's the correct terminology) in the back.  Anyone with a setup similar to mine raise their Avy up to put on bigger tires?  I'd love to bring mine up about 3 or 4 inches as cheap as possible.  I inquired about this kit (http://supremesuspensions.com/product/2007-2013-chevy-avalanche-full-lift-kit-leveling-kit/), but they said it wouldn't work with autoride.

Installed 2 inch lower strut leveling kit on my LTZ. Front end was about 2.5 inches low before. So I figured it would come out about even.

Rear is now 1.5 lower than front.

Will 1.5 coil spacer affect the air-ride and trigger any service lights?

1.5 rear lift would really help me out.

Any body using spacers on the LTZ and care to comment??

Hi Vandegrift and Wakbdr- I have the same problem. A 2013 LTZ that I want to put a 2.5" to 3" lift on. My suspension shop recommended a 2" front lift to bring it level, but another member said that would be nose high. If you can let me know your final lift kit and suspension I would be really grateful.

Also I have heard about lift/suspension systems interfering with the auto level/airbag system. I found this electronic bypass but says its for a 2015 tahoe- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6RAnh-QSA

any ideas? Thanks guys

I have the 3" kit from Supreme Suspension on my 2010 LTZ.  It's been a while since I did it, and I've learned a lot more about suspensions since then.  If I had to do it over again, I would just replace the whole electronic/air system with a passive suspension system.  I just did this on my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ when her magnetic and air shocks went bad (see my thread here).  I'm actually going to do the same thing to my Avalanche when my current shocks give out.

As far as my current setup, all I had done was put the 3" kit on both front and rear.  I didn't do anything with a bypass and never had any suspension lights come on.  Not guaranteeing you won't, but mine never did.  I don't think the electronic suspension in my truck is as sophisticated as my wife's 2015 though.

Hey all, I ended up installing 1-inch spacers in the rear springs. It helped to make it more level all around. Probably if I did it again, I would go with 1.5-inch spacers.

No issues with Suspension or any warning lights.

Photo
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zCDb6fqZUE0EWCo9uJNbIkDo_dYk-XWP

Vandergrift- that looks perfect, a modest lift is what I'm working on so thanks. Can you tell me what tire size you have? I'm hoping to fit 33" without rubbing issues.

I have a winter tires Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/70-17 and my summer LTZ wheels with  Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza in 275/55R20.

I have the 3" kit from Supreme Suspension on my 2010 LTZ. It's been a while since I did it, and I've learned a lot more about suspensions since then. If I had to do it over again, I would just replace the whole electronic/air system with a passive suspension system. I just did this on my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ when her magnetic and air shocks went bad (see my thread here). I'm actually going to do the same thing to my Avalanche when my current shocks give out.

As far as my current setup, all I had done was put the 3" kit on both front and rear. I didn't do anything with a bypass and never had any suspension lights come on. Not guaranteeing you won't, but mine never did. I don't think the electronic suspension in my truck is as sophisticated as my wife's 2015 though.
Did you do the front ones that go on top of the shocks or the ones that go on the bottom?

I have a '11 LTZ that had autoride but with a rough country 5" lift kit. you have to swap out the shocks all around for either the lifted shocks from rough country, or a set of oem shocks for the regular avalanche 4x4 (doesnt have autoride) to use with the shock spacers. Once installed, you will get a error on your little monitor on the tach saying "service suspension system".

you can either live with the error, or try the ebay bypass. I have the ebay bypass, i dont know if it was not installed correctly (previous owner installed it) or if it doesnt work. either way, no issues with the lift.

Back