• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New 07 Avalanche owner

tazman1

Hey Y'all. Figured I'd give my first post. Picked up my 07 avy in Jan and so far it has been awesome. Wasn't something on my radar but saw it sitting at the dealership after they couldn't sell it at their other location and the rest is history.  :B:

I've put 5000 miles on it so far which puts it at 110k on the truck. So far I've put new AC Delco plugs and wires in, running the Range afm disabler and put weathertechs in the front. I've also put a new aftermarket grill on it which I like way better than the chrome and black one. Only thing is I'm going to have to grind down where the old emblem goes and get a larger one to fill out the entire area.

What other projects should I be looking at. Would like to get the bed and cladding done in Line-X. Also some new rims would be nice as well. Got this cluck sometimes when turning and hitting a bump. Sounds like there is a tsb on the body mounts that I might have to get checked out. Once I can upload some pics I will.

For sail panels and cargo panels Refinish Restorer is your $20 friend for fully restoring back to new - no need to spend the $$$ on Line-X.

Welcome to the site and AV ownership. Yes Carworx makes RR. This site sells it at a site member discount :

http://www.therightcarstuff.com/

Take time to look at various sections for mod ideas.
My family favorite mod is a beslide device to make grocery getting easier.....
Also a Corsa Sport exhaust........  >:D

I recently put 2018 Silverado Z71 wheels on in place of the originals on my 2007 Avy and I like the similar but updated look.  Just something to consider if you want the stock look, but just updated. 

CDBING said:
I recently put 2018 Silverado Z71 wheels on in place of the originals on my 2007 Avy and I like the similar but updated look.  Just something to consider if you want the stock look, but just updated. 

No Pics? That's just mean, LOL

1967DropTop said:
No Pics? That's just mean, LOL

Agreed! We need to see what it looks like! I'm very much interested!  :cool:

I would suggest having the pinion bearings upgraded to the new larger style ones.  The factory ones were too small and that is a big part of all the problems with 07 & 08 rear differential problems.  In 09 they upgraded the pinion bearings to this new larger size for that reason.

Well I'm here again - this is now my 4th Avalanche and possibly the best of the bunch.
A New to me 2007 Z71 with custom paint and a whole bunch of miles (205000)

Way more miles than I would like but drives and runs like new - so I took the chance.

Questions:
I'm told this has a cylinder defeat for mileage - Is there any way to defeat or cal this out?
Next any tips on the 3rd 100K miles to keep her tip top? I always perform meticulous maintenance and will expect to continue this.

Reading about Mobil 1 high mileage oils and wonder about the value -
sounds kind of like snake oil to me but this being a 3rd owner car I don't really know previous history. Does anyone have a definitive value added with this ?

Anyway High from Michigan and wish me luck.

Sandstone over white pearl

Anyone have a front emblem Lol

Attachments

• 20190604_113207Small.jpg
    20190604_113207Small.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190604_113145Small-Edit.jpg
    20190604_113145Small-Edit.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 15
Welcome back!  Let's see a pic of that custom paint.

I use a Range AFM device to disable V4 mode and keep in V8 all the time.  It plugs right in to the OBD port under the dash, and cost was $200 when I bought it about 3 years ago.  Another option is a tuner which will cost more, but also give you more performance options. 

welcome back and good luck TDHeller!

There are a mountain of threads about the AFM system on 2007 and up AVs. (The cylinder defeat system you mentioned). It stands for active fuel management.
If you truly have 205,000 miles on the AV I don't think I would go changing this now. I would just change all fluids and look for contaminants in them.
I would also inspect underside for rust in things like fuel and brake lines and lower body panels.

Got cha! I just did a 5w30 Mobil 1 change - looks like some pan leakage and possible main. and indeed some rust.
Will be addressed in 3k at the next oil change. Yeah the AFM is OK so they say,
it just feels very gutless compared to my 04 & 05  which were BOTH slow compared to my 1st 03 NorthFace with 4:11 gear.
  Gawd I miss that truck!

Now on to the park assist - 4 sensors on order and patience.
And though all the bells and lights fl;ash blink etc I cant get my garage door to program on this one yet.
Works fine on all the others just no one home here  (n)

lunchwagon said:
Welcome back!  Let's see a pic of that custom paint.

I use a Range AFM device to disable V4 mode and keep in V8 all the time.  It plugs right in to the OBD port under the dash, and cost was $200 when I bought it about 3 years ago.  Another option is a tuner which will cost more, but also give you more performance options.

I have a VSI-2534 / (J-1932) programmer but now looking for the best cost effective software to tweak with. 
Currently using Palmer Performance Pro but it leaves much to be desired - any suggestions?

Back