• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Race Tours Friday Leave Hotel 9:30 Sharp

Intimidatoruag

Friday we will be touring a few Race shops ...

to start, I was able to a behind the scenes tour of the Dale Earnhardt Jr. race shop ....  the tour begins at 10:30 am at his race shop ....  it is limited to the 1st 25 members that would like to attend ....

I would like to hit a few other race shops depending time ....

Mooresville:
1) Kasey Kahne racing just up the road on the right from JRM.
2) Penske Racing

Huntersville:
1) Joe Gibbs Racing

Concord:
1) Chip Ganassi Racing
2) Roush

Charlotte:
1) Hendrick Motorsports
2) Charlotte Motor Speedway
3) Whiskey River - Jr.'s Restaurent and Night Club)

Kannapolis
1) Stewart-Hass

Welcome:
1) RCR <--- don't think we will make here

DEI is only open until 2 so I think that is out ...
Truex is closed on Fri
Richard Petty Motorsports closes at noon of Friday

I think we can start with Jr. Motorsports ... then head to Kahne Racing (or we can skip this if people want).. then Penske racing ... then 30 minutes to Stewart-Haas ... another 30 minutes to Joe Gibbs (if people want to go there) .... and/or Chip Ganassi Racing ... Roush is 1.5 miles from Chip Ganassi .... Hendrick is 3.5 miles from Roush racing .... and the speedway is 5 minutes from HMS ... then we can hit Whisky River ....

somewhere in the middle we can make a quick stop for lunch (fast food) ... I just think we will be pressed for time to get it all done before 5 pm .... the JRM tour is 2 hours, I believe ... no special clothing required ....

Let me know if you want in and I will add you to the list .... :love:

1) Intimidator and Family .... 4 total ..
2) Mr and Mrs .. WVAv ...      2
3) Mr and Mrs Neal .....         2
4) Calicak89                         1
5) Didit and Lu                     2 tentative  
6) Karl and Lisa                    2
7) Ian + Fam.                      3
:cool: Ken L                              1
9) Av0251                            3
10) Moosc                            1
11) Ronthehandyman          4

25 total so far ... :)  full at the moment .... I may have 2 spots available if Karl and Lisa are not able to make the GTG

and remember this list is just for the tour at JRM ... only 25 can go on that .... anybody that wants to visit race shops can go with us ... just 25 total can do the Shop tour at JRM

John

I also just spoke to Kat aka Mrs Neal729... she and Neal want to go also. They are both at work and not able to get on here now so if you could add them to the list that would be great. Thanks

Awesome work John!!!  Thank you!!

We can adjust Friday's dinner time depending on when y'all get back.

Calicak89 said:
If Stewart-Haas is definitely on the agenda, I'm all over this, count me in.

I think it is about 70-80% that we will get there ...

My thought is I don't need to go to Kahne ... Penske, Chip, Roush or Joe gibbs but if other want to go ... I will keep in the rotation ...

John

Intimidatoruag said:
I think it is about 70-80% that we will get there ...

My thought is I don't need to go to Kahne ... Penske, Chip, Roush or Joe gibbs but if other want to go ... I will keep in the rotation ...

John
Here's my 2 cents incase anyone cares
I think Kahne might be interesting, but I could care less about seeing Penske, or The JGR shop.
I'm indifferent when it comes to Gnassi
I like Trevor Bayne, but being at the RF shop and completely surrounded by Fords might melt my skin off.
I was at Hendrick back in 2007 and have been to Charlotte a few times. So I'm partial to skipping those, although I would imagine there are a lot of ppl who would like to visit Hendrick.
As a Harvick fan since the early 2000's when I started following racing, Stewart Haas is obviously going to be the highlight for me.

Add me plus 2. Not that I think Mom and Ashley will want to go, but if Melissa and Kat go, I am sure they will  :laugh:

Sorry I've been out of touch.. The last few weeks have been incredibly bad for me..

4x4dreamer said:
Add me plus 2. Not that I think Mom and Ashley will want to go, but if Melissa and Kat go, I am sure they will  :laugh:

Sorry I've been out of touch.. The last few weeks have been incredibly bad for me..
Hit the nail on the head with that one lol (y)

4x4dreamer said:
You would have made all us women upset if you hadn't put  yourselves on the list... and I know you don't want a bunch of mad women after you... especially Ashley!  ;)

Mrs. WVAV said:
You would have made all us women upset if you hadn't put  yourselves on the list... and I know you don't want a bunch of mad women after you... especially Ashley!  ;)

Oh I know.. I would have gotten a great big ole  :beating:

Count me in for the "Dale Earnhardt Jr." tour and all the rest if possible.

That is the "JRM" tour? Right?  That's what I want!

Ken L.

Myself +2 would like to go to JRM,HMS,the speedway, and Whiskey River. Don't much care for anything ford or toyota related. RCR and DEI would have been cool if the D.E. (both Sr. or Jr.) were still involved.

Hey John, Hendrick said they can handle as many as we want, and they'll do groups of 15.

Back