• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

passenger floor soaked!

hurleyii

Well I started catching my truck out AMD found a soaked floor ! Any ideas on leaks? It just rained a lot and it's hot so AC is running also.

Like 100 thing it could be.

windshield.
Ac Drain clogged
Wire boot between door and truck
Door seal
Body seam
Duct work leak tobody underhood
Midgate area.

etc.

Look in this section for all the places people have had leaks... it may help

Many old threads about water leaks you may want to read them for ideas.
Some owners have had problems with drain lines being kinked on their sunroof. Other had the rubber cover on the door wiring harness come loose and water comes inside. Other have had bad gaskets on door or windshield. Also make sure you thoroughly dry out the carpet and padding or you will get mold and mildew problems. You may have to get inside vehicle in heavy rain to see what area water is coming from or have a friend hit your AV with lots of water from a hose. Some members found out if they parked on an incline the leak was actually in the rear and water ran forward, you may want to check for that too......

Good luck.

are you parking with the front end down hill when it rains if so turn it around. i had the same problem drains plugged in the bed

No I have a level driveway. Truck has also  been leveled via adjustments .

I also found I have water dripping all day and into the next from above back left tire. I assume I need to pull the upper plastics and clean a drain plug. Any links on how to do that.
I guess I'll start with a new windshield since mine was blasted a couple weeks back

Here ya go, good luck with it.

www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,150120.0.html

Sunroof?

Check your drains if you do have one. GM apparently likes reducing the output in some of their vehicles.. My CTS had restrictions on all 4 drains.. Easy to remove since they were rubber....  Two of mine were plugged out of 4.

Rodney

Back