• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

STI 2016 Hotel Info (Canceled)

Hug_R_Av

PM 2017
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2004
Hotel Information:
The Hotel Tybee has been the host hotel for ALL of the Savannah/Tybee Island (STI) GTGs in the past.
With great pleasure I would like to announce that they have agreed to host STI 2016.!!!!

The hotel no longer allows groups to BLOCK rooms (unless all on one credit card) and all are offered on a first come first served basis.

The hotel is located right on the beach and offers both ocean view or Inland view rooms. Below is a breakdown of the prices.
$189 / night King Bed Ocean view
$199 / night Two Queen Beds Ocean view
$179 / night King Bed Partial Ocean view
$169 / night Twgo Queen Beds Partial Ocean view
$129 / night King Bed Inland view
$135 / night Two Queen Beds Inland view

If you arrive on Wednesday 10/12 you will get Thursday night for 50% off by using a BOGO special that is current promotion.   To use that promotion you can Book Wednesday and Thursday for the BOGO then the other nights on another reservation.. Just be sure to make a notations in the comments section of the form that staying for multiple nights on each reservation..  

For Reservation please visit their website
Click Here for the click to Hotel Tybee's website  

Be sure to use Group CODE  Chevy2016  (No spaces) when making your reservations.
Also in the comments section you can include a note for a North Tower Room..

You will need to provide credit card information upon making the reservation but NO CHARGE WILL BE MADE.
They MAY require a refundable deposit at time of booking.
You may cancel up to 24 hours before you're scheduled to arrive without penalty.

Again the rooms are first come first served so even more of a reason to book sooner than later.
OURS have been made.. Anyone else.. Also when do you plan on getting there and leaving??

Rooms Booked already:
Hugz +1                                    Oct 14th - 17th
Lord Aries +1                             Oct 14th - 16th
James21                                    Oct 13th - 17th
Raceman + Kathy                        Oct 13th -17th
02 Z71 + 1   (Campground)         Oct 14th - 16th
JohnBChef & willyorca +2.            Oct 14th - 16th
EricB.                                          Oct 14th - 16th
DarthShreadder +1.                     Oct 14th - 17th

When did the hotel change names? Has it been renovated?

grnxnam said:
When did the hotel change names? Has it been renovated?
Think they said 2013 when it was bought by a corporation out of the northeast.
And my understanding is yes there have by many updates since the last gtg in 2009.

Our room is booked!

October 13th-16th! Thursday-Sunday!

(y)

However, we reserved an inland view room so we will need to sneak over to someones ocean view balcony to take pictures..  :laugh:

4x4dreamer said:
Our room is booked!

October 13th-16th! Thursday-Sunday!

(y)

However, we reserved an inland view room so we will need to sneak over to someones ocean view balcony to take pictures..  :laugh:

It's the Atlantic Ocean north of Daytona. It's nothing special.

Sunrises are still pretty nice though

grnxnam said:
It's the Atlantic Ocean north of Daytona. It's nothing special.

Fully aware. Gotta get a couple ocean pics so I can rub it in a few faces though.  :laugh:

4x4dreamer said:
Fully aware. Gotta get a couple ocean pics so I can rub it in a few faces though.  :laugh:
Especially for those that don't live next to it.  :wave: :wave:

Hugz said:
Especially for those that don't live next to it.  :wave: :wave:

Yep..  :laugh:

And for those that like to whine and complain about how many vacations a year I go on.. Gotta give them something to complain about  >:D

Campground reservations made for Oct 14 -16

JohnBChef & willyorca +2 booked for Friday & Sat!

Just a reminder.
What we would like to do is have everyone bring non perishable Food items to the GTG..  Could be a few grocery bags filled with non perishable foods.. 
Would be especially great if it could be holiday related items.. 
Such as canned yams, vegetables, cranberry sauce, canned meats etc..

Rooms are filling up. Only a few more days to get your room booked

Just an FYI.  The hotel has posted on their Facebook page that all their folks are safe and they think there's only minor damage, but can't be sure until they can get back to the property for a safety sweep. Will post updates when I get one.

The chopper video shows no damage to hotel tybee,  and minimal tree damage.  They say the biggest challenge is getting power restored

Well as it looks now we won't be in until Friday afternoon.
We were trying to get in Thursday night but by the time we get off work it would be 1am before we could get in. We are going to wait for Brody to finish an exam Friday morning them head out that way we can travel in 1 car.

Heard from the group director. He said power is back on at the hotel.
He is going there tomorrow and he will email me what he thinks on the status of the hotel.
Another group that was slated for the weekend has already backed out but they needed the beaches to be in pristine condition

Hate to say this!!!
But STI 2026 has been officially canceled.
Hotel will not be opening until Monday.
Just got off the phone with the group director.
All rooms will be canceled and refunds made where needed.

Short term. I will have something at the house if there's interest.
Long term STI maybe moving to the spring. Going to work out the logistics with the hotel next week

We have childcare for the weekend!!!!!  What's the alternative?  Love impromptu GTG's although I'm really bummed to not go to Tybee...

If nothing else comes up, JB and I are gonna road trip to NYC to go to Carnegie one last time before it closes!

Back