• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Auto ride dorman air compressor only made a single click sound.

sunburstltz

Hi all, before I get started Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I have an 07 Avalanch ltz and just replaced an  arnott remanufactured air shocks for the rear today 12/24/16. 8 months ago in April, I replace my stock air compressor with the dorman unit from Amazon. I left the electronic unplugged due to realizing during the install one of my shocks were bad. So today I plugged everything in and check all the wiring in the compressor before starting the truck. Turn it on and it only made one click sound after about a 10 seconds  delay. I checked the fuse and it looks good. Not sure what's the problem.

I remembered seeing a video about a guy explaining the reason or troubleshooting in April  but can't seem to find it anymore(always the case when you really need to....haha). I tried searching through google and here but no results. Anyone has an idea why it's not activating? The single click shows that there is electrical current but that's all I can assume.

I know this thread  is  old  but did you find a fix to your Avalanche?

Mine is  having an issue and  need  to find  a solution but can not  seem to  find much out there (Ole inner web) Any thoughts  to look or what  wordage to  use to find
a fix for  this?

Hoping you got your problem fix so  you can  share  with others like myself.  :help:

One  year  later,

Happy Holidays everyone and Merry Christmas.

Back