• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Refinish Restorer on Top of Solution finish?

Al D

I have used Refinish Restorer once every year or two for 5 years. It doesn't seem to be bringing back the black as well on some panels. I tried Solution Finish today and it looks great. Has anyone tried Refinish Restorer on top of Solution finish to give it more longevity?

Just my .02 but I wouldn't mix finishes. If you don't know the longevity of the Solution finish product you used I would contact the manufacturer and explain the prep work you did before applying their product and see what they recommend. (My guess is they just recommend more frequent application of their product.) Most longevity depends on prep work and type of exposure you put the cladding through. Manufacturers can't test their product with every known product out there to see if there is any long term chemical reactions so I bet any company advises to strip the cladding completely of any finishing product before applying their product.
In other words if you contacted Refinish Restorer I bet they would advise stripping the Solution Finish product off of the cladding before applying. Otherwise if it fades,peels or flakes off which product is to blame?

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought the same thing. I'm hoping there is a victim, I mean kind soul, :). who has tried it and can report. If not, I'll try a test spot after the solution on it completely dries. Worst case I replace a small PV of cladding.

Back