• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

TALK About HEARTBREAK...

nwguy

SM 2018
JUST cruising different places and hit this Google site,
with PICS and info on CONCEPT Avalanches for a couple years past and never were.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+2016+avalanche&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwibwv3jr4vZAhXSqFkKHTwjDy8QsAQIKA&biw=1366&bih=675#imgrc=kdnYa4R71CsY4M:

Actually, a member here photoshopped that picture as a joke and it went viral. He hates himself that he didn't copyright it or put a watermark on it because he would be a millionaire now

MS03 2500 said:
Actually, a member here photoshopped that picture as a joke and it went viral. He hates himself that he didn't copyright it or put a watermark on it because he would be a millionaire now
And GM would have taken every penny for using a pix of one of their products that is also copyright protected.......

Yeah. What could have been. My theory is that a third-gen model was on the drawing board right around the time of the bankruptcy, and looking at the cost of development vs. projected sales, the government-appointed bean counters deemed it unworthy to be part of the future lineup. The Silverado High Desert concept shows me that there are still fans of the Avalanche within GM. I'm hoping it may make a comeback one of these days, but not holding my breath.

The new Ford Bronco is rumored to be four door and have a removable top.  Maybe if the Bronco is successful GM will be inspired to bring back the Avalanche. I sometimes describe the Avalanche as "kinda like an old Bronco or Blazer but with 4 doors".

1967DropTop said:
The new Ford Bronco is rumored to be four door and have a removable top.  Maybe if the Bronco is successful GM will be inspired to bring back the Avalanche. I sometimes describe the Avalanche as "kinda like an old Bronco or Blazer but with 4 doors".

The new Bronco will probably be Ranger-based, so quite a bit smaller than the Avalanche. My only concern about a new Avalanche would be the cost. A well-equipped Tahoe is now $65k+. I shudder to think what a loaded new Avy would be!

The Silverado can look like the avalanche, but we all know it doesn?t have the magic gate!

Back