• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wheel size question

Jwh91

Beatin a dead horse I know but I found a set of 20-12.5 and 18-9.5 and idk which would be better, the 20s are flashier but I'd like to swap my rear and put 37s on my 05 LT eventually. I'm getting the 6" lift done next month and maybe a 3" body lift while I'm at it. Just need some guidance, I have a feeling the 20s are too wide for not having a negative offset

18s it is. The fender flares I want are 4.5in wide. Is a -12 offset enough to have a 35/10.5 clear the flares for alittle stance? Or should I go more than as -12?

RENORCR said:
IMHO, go 18's for the lift, 20's if your low riding it.

Just bought 18s (XDs and I got em used for $325!) they have 285/70s on em already. Can I run those with stock ride height?

I will for sure, 3" supreme BL and the XDs will be my first mod from stock.

Jwh91 said:
Just bought 18s (XDs and I got em used for $325!) they have 285/70s on em already. Can I run those with stock ride height?

Sure, as long as you don't plan on turning.  :laugh:

I have 285/75 18's and even with 4" in front and 3" in back I still had to trim a little plastic.

So 285 is too wide then? Other threads stated that 285s on the stock 16 is fine with trimming stock ride height

If you already have the wheels and tires, just try it. I am very curious as to how they fit, because I am planning on going to 285/70/17 in a couple months.

I have 2in coil spacers in the back with a leveling kit up front and from my research I believe they should fit fine with some trimming.

Back