• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Help identify this bug deflector

binkerton

Hi, until a couple months ago I owned an '02 Avalanche that had a bug deflector already installed when I purchased it. My poor truck was totaled in a wreck so I got a near identical '04 but no bud deflector. I have been trying to find an identical one like I had but have had no luck. I tried an AVS that I thought was close but do not like it and would really like to figure out what the old one was.
Is it possibly a GM part number, and if so is it even still available? Thanks in advance

BP
z5xusYJ.jpg

hUvW6D3.jpg

Wow joined in 2016 and this is your first post? Must be the strong silent type?  :laugh:

Not sure if yours is the GM one or not but may want to check this link for part number and photo of a GM one:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-air-deflector-hood-12498547/?c=Zz1leHRlcmlvciZzPXByb3RlY3Rpb24mYT1jaGV2cm9sZXQmbz1hdmFsYW5jaGUtMTUwMCZ5PTIwMDQmdD1iYXNlJmU9NS0zbC12OC1nYXM%3D

Well, that's the thing, this board is so full of answers that pretty much any question I ever had about my truck had already been discussed many times over, so I really never had anything interesting to add to the conversations.  :D
This one had me stumped though.
I'll check the link. Thanks!

Is your '04 cladded or WBH (without body hardware)? The deflectors are different.

It has the cladding. Nearly identical to the first truck I had.
So after looking around on GM parts direct I found p/n 12497075. I'm betting this is the one I had. Does anyone have a pic of their truck with that bug guard so I could confirm. Google search isn't giving me very good results.

No pic my stock one is long gone as it broke.

This may interest you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Avalanche-1500-2003-06-Molded-Hood-Air-Deflector-Kit-12497075/112881966467?hash=item1a484a1d83:g:~EkAAOSwM79asYK7

Back