• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Avalanche coming in 2020

Mlawson

Talked to my buddy who is a manager at a Chevy dealership and told me last weekend that they plan on bringing back the Avalanche in 2020, will be on a Suburban chassis. Anyone heard this yet, about that time I will be ready to trade my 13. The High Desert High Sierra was an option but just not the same......

original and all avys use the suburban chassis so that is not new.

I would not hold my breath for the AVY to come back.

Next year is when the full size SUVs under the GMT T1XX platform are expected to be introduced for the 2020 models. So if no Avy appears with the lineup, I'd say GM has officially given up on it. There's also some question as to whether the 2020 Tahoe/Sub will have independent rear suspension.

Mlawson said:
Talked to my buddy who is a manager at a Chevy dealership and told me last weekend that they plan on bringing back the Avalanche in 2020,
Was it the same buddy that told you in 2016 it was coming back in 2017? You may need to find some new friends since they keep lying to you.

:deadhorse:    Here we go again!

It has been a rumor since we first heard of the demise of the AV around 2012 and that 2013 would be the last year etc........Every year some optimist talks to a friend or pool boy of a GM honcho who heard it from a maid that next year will be the year of the AV return.  :laugh:
The idea is possible but probably not likely for 2019 or 2020 or anytime soon.
We have been teased already with photos of an AV like Colorado platform concept vehicle, a full scale AV SEMA concept photo from about 10 years ago and of course the Silverado High Desert packaged  Chevy pickup. As mentioned above the AV has always been built on the Suburban platform (that is the reason for the steel braces under the plastic cladded sail panels they serve a purpose in providing rigidity).

Rumor has it I'm buying stake in the statue of liberty

ANy see they are returning the BLAZER name.... to compete with JEep Cherokee.

See here:
http://ux.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2018/06/21/what-shoppers-like-all-new-2019-chevy-blazer/716797002/

redheadedrod said:
Yea, what an ugly piece of crap...

GM is making it harder and harder to stay a loyal GM owner...

Second that!
It looks like a Toyota Highlander, or a Nissan Murano.
Freakin' hideous conglomerate junk.

CarMech1969

I was told directly by General Motors in Detroit that it is not on the Drawing Board to be brought back but they would pass the information on that a lot of people would be interested.

I'm from a Blazer background me and a whole bunch of folks are not too happy if they use the Blazer nameplate it's an equinox

I guess it's my crankiness in old age but to me an SUV should be full size like a Suburban not a small car like vehicle that in the olden days would have been labeled a station wagon. (They developed such a stigma that car manufacturers labeled their wagons SUVs and it seems to have stuck.)
Welcome to the site Scook43730, I know GM is already aware of interest in the AV and in a perfect world they could make it but for many reasons discussed in older threads there are many issues which realistically predict the lack of profit in making an AV.

The interest isn't that high. Just a few loyal old owners. One of the reason they killed the avalanche was lack of interest lack of sales. And today that 50k avalanche would run you 70k.

the avalanche as we no it isn't coming back , cladding didn't come back either ,it has been dead to long ,people have lost interest in it and have moved on to other types and brands ,just the few diehards like some of us resurrect them and keep them going  :needhug:

I think this is the closest we can get to a new Avalanche:

2018 Silverado High Desert Package

Attachments

• 11edd764f985f996b0fba1e0a3b8ff89--sports-bars-chevy-silverado.jpg
    11edd764f985f996b0fba1e0a3b8ff89--sports-bars-chevy-silverado.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 46
:deadhorse:
Yes the High Desert Silverado model has been talked about since it's concept reveal in 2014 on this website......and maybe the closest we will ever get to a return of the AV.
(just wait a year and someone will say the AV is coming back in 2021 or 2022 etc....)

Ya know with the prices I see on new trucks and burbans... which is crazy when you load them up with options...
Then the numbers of trucks and burbans selling off dealer lots.... (MSRP $40-85K)

Maybe GM would think about a new AVY... something else to sell that no else has and make money for stockholders....

ya never know what them GM peeps think but all I know is a used AVY is hard to find since people buy them up quick

Those who did not know about the avy when new sure do want them now as I talk to locals around town I see driving an old AVY.

ygmn said:
Ya know with the prices I see on new trucks and burbans... which is crazy when you load them up with options...
Then the numbers of trucks and burbans selling off dealer lots.... (MSRP $40-85K)

Maybe GM would think about a new AVY... something else to sell that no else has and make money for stockholders....

ya never know what them GM peeps think but all I know is a used AVY is hard to find since people buy them up quick

Those who did not know about the avy when new sure do want them now as I talk to locals around town I see driving an old AVY.
I get the same comments every time I go in for maintenance.  Those who have them aren't so quick to let them go.  Although if they did resurrect the 3/4 ton and fit it with a diesel I might be tempted to part with my 05.......

Big Blockhead said:
I get the same comments every time I go in for maintenance.  Those who have them aren't so quick to let them go.  Although if they did resurrect the 3/4 ton and fit it with a diesel I might be tempted to part with my 05.......
Argh, argh, argh, argh (doing my best online Tim Allen impersonation) that would be awesome!  But there's no way in Hades I'd be able to afford the insane price they'd charge for it.

frito said:
... But there's no way in Hades I'd be able to afford the insane price they'd charge for it.

I have a jar I have been saving all of my spare change in, for years.

By the time the new Avalanches come out, I might be able to pay cash for the thing.

:laugh:

What is crazy to me...

A loaded burban @ 80K = Mercedes Benz E class Loaded or BMW 5 Series.

Yet drive up with both and ask those around which cost more... and they all point to the MB or BMW....

Truck prices are nutz as I have seen houses for less.

I wonder what all the economists think of these prices based on current middle class wages... something has to give soon.

ygmn,

This is one of the biggest reasons I have not purchased a NEW vehicle since my last brand new one back in 1984.

And trust me, I have owned some really nice vehicles over the years.

Just not new ones.

(y)

One thing I am kind of worried about is if they bring it back that they may base it off of the new blazer or one of their other mid size platforms

Back