• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Our first trip in the 2500

JVZL1

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
    Our first trip in the 2500 towing our RV trailer was about 800 miles.  We traveled to just outside Coos Bay
on the Southern Oregon Coast. Stayed at Sunset Bay State Park.  (y)

The 1500 served its purpose as a daily driver for last 9 years. It was the first ? ton I?ve purchased.  :love:
At the time I was not looking to be pulling an RV. Looking at the upgrades I would need with coming up
on to 200k. The 2500 made a better choice for me stepping up to a longer and heaver RV.
I?m sure glade I made that decision.  :woot:  :woohoo:

It has a K&N filter/Air box on it.  I accelerated and you could hear it. I said I need to put a stock air box
back on to the wife. As usual WHY?? The stock would be quieter. She said but that?s what makes it sound macho.

Headers, exhausts, tune, Eaton True Trac coming.  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Don't get crazy with it.  :laugh:

Magnaflow makes a great stainless steel 2 in 2 out muffler that works great as a simple swap.
And yup ,I went with a k&n cold air (cone filter) and it howls under load. Wish I still had factory plastic intake.

ckeene said:
Magnaflow makes a great stainless steel 2 in 2 out muffler that works great as a simple swap.
And yup ,I went with a k&n cold air (cone filter) and it howls under load. Wish I still had factory plastic intake.

The intake is not bad my 5.3 is louder. I was giving my wife a bad time.

She always gets after me she knows I can't leave things alone.  >:D

I'm having The Muffman do the exhaust. He use to be active on here and he is local to me.
Hopefully pics and an audio.

MS03 2500 said:
Don't get crazy with it.  :laugh:

:drive:  :woot:  :woohoo:
        :drive:  Four wheel burn out for you.  :cool:

avalonandl said:
The Flowmaster BB50 is a better choice. Deep rumble, very little drone.

What all was involved in installing this?  It looks like it's going to be a huge PITA!  Also, will it run properly without a tuner?  Did you change the cats at the same time or delete them?

Its not a huge job a good muffler shop can do it. I used a Hypertech tuner and left cats on.

Back