• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ABS Control Module

db21

Lost the brakes on my 2005 Chevy Avalanche z71 the other week. Turns out it was the ABS Control valve assembly that lost a seal, so bought that but it also cracked the ABS Control Module, which is the brains behing the operation, so I had to replace that too. However not sure if I got the right one, and having a heck of a time confirming. My truck has stabilitrac and traction control and since I installed the new one the Service Stabilitrac light is on.
I bought at A-1 Cardone model # 1210255F which on RockAuto and several other sites, showed it was for those with Active Brake Control, however not sure if that means it includes Stabilitrac. I see lots of units for those without active brake control.  The other thought is there is something that needs to be done to configure the new unit? The shop installed but I'm not sure if they would know about how to configure?  Everything was working before the valve went so I'm quite sure it isn;t something else and must be the control module.

Has anyone every replaced this unit on their Avalanche and if so do you know what part number it is or where you got it. Or if you have any experience configuring these please let me know.

tks for help.

Back