• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Invasion 2019 - April 11-14 2019 - CANCELED

Well since you don't have enough posts to  receive PM's, i'll ask it here, have you read thru the other threads when we went to Pigeon Forge?  I think we have had two or three National GTG's there, would be a wealth of information for you, oh and no train horns, lmbo!      Just a thought Chuck, keep at it, awesome!

Didit

The fact that Twin Mountain Inn is limiting parking spaces might not work too well if anyone is just coming for a day trip. We would need a place to meet up as group. The Mountain Breeze motel was very welcoming to all of us the last time whether we were staying there or not.

I got to say sounds interesting, those hotel fees seem a bit high for the time of year.

This might throw a big monkey wrench in the plans. Spring Rod Run is planned there for the same weekend. It will be major congestion but fun for all if it could work out.
https://www.facebook.com/events/172044543750271/

I guess we will figure out what happened one of these days. :dunno:

You all want to know the WHY to cancelling the 'invasion'?? Here are the reasons:

...hotel fees seem a bit high for the time of year.
Yep, it's spring. Because it is a tourist destination, there is always an event.

...Spring Rod...
Spring and Summer is always congested. As locals we are accustomed to this. It is why we stay. This isn't really a WHY, but it sure puts a negative light on those that might have been interested.

Of the hotels I contacted and met with, all were in the same price bracket. Both LaQuinta Inns (pet friendly), Timbers Lodge, and Park Tower Inn and were accommodating.

But when it comes down to it, as I read these comments, seemed there was no interest. Seemed the above was not in support for such an event. And because I have other events that I'm on the board for, I was losing my mind with what hotels were for who (this isn't your issue by no means).

I don't post on this site, nor FB because I usually don't have anything useful to add to any thing. SO, all I can do is just encourage you to go forth and wish you the best of luck.

And honestly, I don't have to have any reason to cancel, it was my desire to invest time and energy to this cause.

chevyavalanchegtg.club

FYI:
The FB site is NOT owned or operated by CAFCNA.
We have no control over FB.

I would love to see a convention in pigeon forge! great area to plan a trip! any way of setting a trip for the fall?
I’m planning one for next Oct, 2023. I’ll be posting more soon. Currently planning one for Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary paranormal tour for this Oct 2022!

Back