• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Members with an offer. and a couple problem questions

Stan

New member but long in tooth with backyard wrench turning over the years...

Upgraded from my 2004 Z71 av to a 2010 LTZ  (90k miles one owner, never touched on body or mechanical work)  for my personal retirement gift from 30 years of a public safety career.

The dealer installed a dash skin cover prior to purchase and i did not like the fit (too little adhesive) and it was not the one with front speaker configuration.  Bought another one and reinstalled with enough adhesive.

So i have a brand new dash skin brand dash cover.  Black w/o front speaker configuration. I am offering this to anyone who needs a new cover. Perfect condition !
I am located in Illinois, 25 miles NE of St. Louis.  Just let me know**

***Now my little problems that we all have:
1.  Left side automatic running board motor is making noise (groaning and sounds like cogs catching somewhere). When that happens I can manually push it back to the correct position.  I have looked at other posts & lubed it to the max for the last few days with little resolution.  Could this be the motor itself going bad ?  If so i guess i can scrounge the junk yards and take a chance or buy one on line that i see around 160.00 or so.
Ideas from any of you ?

2.  Bed water leak, read posts and will have my wife lock my butt in the rear and hose the truck down to find root cause and work on fix when located.  Good ideas on the posts I have read.... so i will take that advice when i find the specific area of the water intrusion.

So the dash cover is free, but if you have a spare left side running board motor or a spare set of headphones and control unit for the rear entertainment center I'd appreciate it and will pay for the effort.

HOWEVER ......This in no way prevents anyone from the free dash cover.  I'd rather give than receive.  Merry Christmas !! (y)

I believe the electric running boards on the AV were made by AMP Research so I would consider calling their customer service dept. to pick their brains on troubleshooting your issue and to find out if they have a "new and improved" part they could send you.
Good luck with your fixes.

I appreciate the information !  I contacted AMP Research ( 888-983.2204) and discussed my problem with their technical assistance division.  Very nice individual (Chris) and knowledgeable.  He suspected I have a bad motor.  He gave me the specific part number of the motor and was helpful in directing me to the site/facility with all replacement parts.  Electricstep.com, I found the motor at a very reasonable cost of 139.00 and it is being shipped.  I will update in the future when received and installed.
Merry Christmas all  !!!

:jacked:

I just have to give a shout to AMP here. When I needed light fixtures for my 04 running boards.
The only place I could find local wanted the whole end cap. Contacted AMP they set me up with a retail next to them to get the fixtures.
                                                            Sorry for the thread jack.

Back