• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2010 Navigation system

TCLeslie

I have a 2010 Avalanche with the factory navigation system, today when I got in it the screen says the disc is not a navigation dvd. It is the original disc and there is another identical one in the truck so I tried it and it says the same thing. Someone suggested unhooking the battery for an hour so I did that and it still won?t work.

Your navigation system may have a bad DVD reader now... May require getting a new navigation unit for it. However I would suggest one of the MANY fine Android head units out there that will use a much better setup and allow you much better connectablility for your phone etc.

Ie its not worth spending $500 for a new one.. You MAY be able to send yours in and get it fixed from a place like GM-Navigation.com but you might be happier with a new unit since yours has not been able to have the maps updated in quite some time.

Rodney

Thanks for the response, I was hoping it was something simple but I'm probably beat. I was already looking at aftermarket systems.

Back