• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

No 4x4 No codes.

NorthFaceStruggle

I have a 2003 North Face Edition 1500 4x4.
My 4x4 switch is not working. No service codes no lights on the switch and all the fuses are good. I have read around d and haven't seen any info unless it is throwing a code. I have already replaced the switch and still nothing. Any advise and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys love this forum.

NorthFaceStruggle said:
I have a 2003 North Face Edition 1500 4x4.
My 4x4 switch is not working. No service codes no lights on the switch and all the fuses are good. I have read around d and haven't seen any info unless it is throwing a code. I have already replaced the switch and still nothing. Any advise and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys love this forum.
When you turn the key on the status lights in the controls should at least flash.  BCM supplies the voltage for these light circuits.  TCCM provides the ground for these light circuits.  Disconnect TCCM, turn the key on, and ground terminal for an appropriate wire coming from the switch - light should illuminate.  That will tell you if problem is upstream of the TCCM or a problem with the TCCM on down.  I'm guessing you just haven't found all the fuses yet and the TCCM logic module isn't grounding anything.  You can get the wiring for your vehicle on Alldatadiy.

p.s. not that many scanners will read the TCCM codes, but you don't necessarily have to have a code when the 4x4 doesn't work.

Thanks for the info. Glad I have a few days off work to give it a shot.  This is my first Avy so I am getting to know the trucks and how to do my own work on them.

Back