• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rusted lines replaced, pedal to the floor still???

Motorboatn69

2003 z71

Lost a brake line last summer on a camping trip so had it replaced local to the campsite.  Brakes were softer after that, so assumed air in line.  Long story short, ended up replacing all calipers and MC and bleed as needed.  Including systematic bleed of abs.  Never improved.  Decided to move on from chasing it as brakes worked fine, just not as stiff as my Cadillac ext.  Fast forward to now, lost fluid and brakes went to the floor.  Found the standard rusted and leaky lines just forward of the abs.  Replaced all those remaining lines.  Bleed MC and lines.  Twice.  Pedal now pumps stiff when truck is off, but when I start it up, it goes back to the floor.  Brakes work somewhat if I pump it a few times before stopping, but definitely not safe.  It holds when on a decline.  Chrck brake Light is no longer on.  No leaks as MC level is steady at max.  When I bleed it, I did not get many bubbles.  Is it safe to assume that air is still in there and is what is causing this?  TIAFYH

Well welcome to the club, since we don't know you yet let's start with how are you bleeding the brake line and master cylinder.

Do you have a active  brake system, you can tell if you have line coming out of the front of the master cylinder.

Back