Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options to alleviate upper control arms bottoming out?  (Read 261 times)

wakebdr

• Go Tigers!
Options to alleviate upper control arms bottoming out?
« on: March 1, 2019, 20:40:25 PM »

So I've had 3.5" front/3" rear spacers on my 2010 LTZ for a while now.  Just recently I've been looking to replace tierods, ball joints, control arms, etc. bc they are all just about shot.  As I've been doing research, I ran across some posts/articles that mention how the upper controls could bottom out with spacers installed.  So I went out to look at my truck and sure enough they've been hitting the stop as they created quite a groove.  So now I'm in search of a solution or fix to this.  Are my only options either A) shelling out the cash for a full suspension lift or B) upper control arms designed for a lift?  Just by looking at some of these UCA's that say they are designed for a lift, they seem to all be tubular and just built with a different angle than the stock arms.  If I go that route, is the install just the same as replacing the stock arms or is it more involved?  One more question while I'm at it.  Again if I go the route of new control arms, will the different angle cause my truck to raise or lower more than it is?  I'm pretty new to this and am having a difficult time finding info online.

Thanks
2010 Black LTZ: 3.5" front/3" rear lift, 18" Fuel Vapor wheels, Spectre CAI, Mag Lite in both saddle bags, painted black bow ties and grill
2003 Dark Gray Z71: Mag Lite (sold June '15)

wakebdr

• Go Tigers!
Re: Options to alleviate upper control arms bottoming out?
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2019, 06:54:03 AM »

Did more research last night after my post and think I found a fix.  This appears to be exactly what I'm searching for.
https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-forged-upper-control-arms-1940c.html
2010 Black LTZ: 3.5" front/3" rear lift, 18" Fuel Vapor wheels, Spectre CAI, Mag Lite in both saddle bags, painted black bow ties and grill
2003 Dark Gray Z71: Mag Lite (sold June '15)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 25 queries.