• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Gas milage

Bigguyokie

took my 2007 to south of Fort Worth last weekend bucked the wind all the way (wind was west to east) so running south on I-35 at 75 mph and pulled 18 mpg!!!!  I was excited!!!!!!

I drove my 2004 EXT around Dallas on Saturday.

If I got 13 MPG, I would be surprised.

(y)

I've put somewhere in the ballpark of 35k miles on my avy since buying it and I have a faulty solid average of 18mpg on unleaded. Goes up to 20 on 97 ethanol free, but I don't do that often.

We've got a 2007 LT3, 5.3 flex fuel. Only use regular in it. About 80,000 miles on it now. On long highway trips we get 18 to 19 mpg depending on wind and hills. Driving around here in the suburbs/exurbs of DC we get around 13 to 14.

I live in Plano and work in Ft Worth. I average about 12 on thre highway with a small lift and 33s. City probably average around 8 ?

2004 Z71 with OEM type tires 160K miles
County roads/city combined = 14 mpg on daily drives
Pure highway at 75 MPH = 19 mpg
Pure highway at 60 mph = 17 mpg (go figure)

Nice man! I added mid-grade gas for a road trip last weekend and went from 13.2 to 13.5 woohoo!  :eek:

radoc said:
Nice man! I added mid-grade gas for a road trip last weekend and went from 13.2 to 13.5 woohoo!  :eek:

Try Premium next time and shoot for the moon!

(y)

Gas mileage, what's that???

Randy said:
Gas mileage, what's that???

I think it's a subjective measure of how long you can get away with fart jokes.  :beating:

Mine averages a little over 16 mpg with mostly city driving.  Of course, I'm the guy that gets passed and cursed by young whippersnappers all the time.

Ok, halfway through this tank I replaced the Air Filter (Wix) and Plugs(NGK indium) and the truck seem to settle on 14.8-9 the rest of the tank, it had been coming down from the road trip I took but finally seem to find it's the sweet spot, stayed in that range for a week
Filled up yesterday... Stopped when the pump shut off 14.89 using fuelly, Yea! I can live with that.

Inching down to 14.7-8 but it seems like that's about it...14.7 mpg 100% city avg speed 30-40 lots of lights(for Idaho-one every 2-5 city blocks)

Back