• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Accessing Autoride Relay to test before buying Compressor/Shocks

smbundy13

I have a 2013 Black Diamond LTZ 2WD with the z55 autoride and a couple weeks/months ago the compressor stopped coming on when starting the truck.  it used to come on for about 5-10 seconds upon startup.

when I checked the underhood fuses the 40A J fuse was blown.  I replaced it but that didnt get the compressor to start running.

my truck has 111k miles on it, never pushed hard or towed heavy trailers. 

My question is this, how do i access the relay to force the compressor to activate?  i have been searching on the web for a couple weeks to find the location and havent found it yet.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks.

When I bought my used 2004 EXT at 116K, both the air compressor and the rear air shocks were burned out and blown.

I replaced all of my shocks and the air compressor with products from Arnott Industries.

That was over 7 years and 100K miles ago.

Everything is still functioning as expected.

(y)

Thanks for the info.. I will probably end up buying the arnott compressor and shocks but want to test the relay first before spending the $500+

replaced rear shocks and compressor yesterday.  the Arnott kit i got off amazon even came with a new relay.  everything works great.  my shocks were barely leaking air where they had cracked with age.

the new compressor is so quiet compared to the old one i almost didnt think it was working.

Back