• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need advice - Oil Leak Front Transmission

BlueWarthog

Hi guys,

today I'm coming to you because I need some mechanicals advices.
As you can see on pictures, I have some troubles with my front transmission. Some oil drops appear, both side. And I have a lot of "dirty grease" around.

Well, I guess have some rubber seal (joint) to change, but witch ones ? My mechanics is far from me and I would like to let him the car with pieces, but I don't know what to buy on rockauto.
Does someone know what I need please ? (Have you got the english specific name ?)

I thank you very much, have a nice day !  :B:

Right side :

Right-1.jpg

Right-2.jpg

Left side :

Left-1.jpg

Left-2.jpg

Left-3.jpg

MAybe:
Front RH & LH Axle Shaft seal
would be one part

Now if he has to replace the axle shaft seal the front end has to come apart and you look at some stuff for maintenace reasons.

Example:
Ball Joints
Tie Rod Ends
CV Joint.
Front Differential fluid change

Thank you YGMN !

I thunk that I could earn a trip to my mechanic but it was a bad idea. You're right, he's got to see in to check that.
However I already can buy the Front RH & LH Axle Shaft seal.

Thank you !

Hi all !

A friend told me about this parts :
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2002,avalanche+1500,5.3l+v8,1377244,drivetrain,differential+bearing+/+seal+kit,2224

It gives me the way but now I have to find the good dimension. Does someone know if I can find that with serial number or something else ?

Thank you !  :B:

Back