• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Factory backup video mirror in an 2009 LTZ ?

zamar

Good morning all!  I was wondering if anyone has successfully put a factory video mirror in an 2009 LTZ?

Mine came with factory Bose/Nav/ Rear seat entertainment DVD.  I don't use the factory nav at all.  My CD drive wont recognize discs anymore so I want to replace it with the non-nav dvd player.  Any mirror I have found so far goes back to 2010 only.

My current mirror has a 16 pin connector.

Thanks!
Zamar

First welcome to the site.

You should talk to customer service person at www.crutchfield.com and explain what you want for your AV. Personally I love the large screen for backup camera and would hate to go to a tiny screen in a rear-view mirror. Personally I would upgrade my head unit with a new aftermarket one and adapter if needed from one place like Crutchfield to keep all other functions.

I had a custom installed backup cam in my '03 via the head unit.  My '13 LT now has a rear view small lcd built in.  It took me several months to get used to it, but now I understand your reasoning... I like it better.  I have learned to change my eye focus from mirror to lcd quickly without moving my head (this takes practice).  It is now super fast to go between real mirror and lcd... lol        I'm pretty sure you could add one if you are willing to wire both power and video signal.  When I first bought my '13 and added a custom HU, I though about splicing my video to feed both lcd's (HU and rear view mirror) but I never did after getting used to the mirror one.  If you are willing to put in the wiring work, I'm pretty sure you could move it to up top.    When I looked into splicing the cam wire, I found reports that it exists behind the drivers side left "kick plate".  Do your own searching to verify as I never modded mine.

Back