• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Back in Nevada

Aussie Red

SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
Well I see that our CAFCNA forum is very slow. Ok I admit I have not been here in like forever. Sadly I have been a bit of a mess. I lost my husband Skip in 2016 and really took it hard. I threw myself into work and worked every hour I could so as to not have to come home to an empty house. Well in 2018 I retired, sold the house in Utah and left to come back where the weather is warm. I am not in Las Vegas but instead opted to live in the small town of Pahrump. Bought a place with 2 acres and after doing a gut job on the house and all new inside installed ,( my son and I did it) I decided I wanted an orchard. I have 48 fruit trees now and intend to run a small vineyard on the rest of the place. Pahrump is chalk full of AVYS . I mean heck two on my street beside the Pearl. Now that I have the place done and some time on my hands I am going to start to talk to the Av owners here and see what we can get going.

:welcome: back sorry to hear about your lost, I'm surprised you still have the Pearl (y)

Silver !!!! :wave: :wave: Oh so good to see you here. Yea things were pretty rough but I am here. The Pearl will be with me to the end. Never has let me down yet. Big C told me you have left Mich and are in Kentucky ??? Still have your AV ? I can not tell really who I am speaking with on FB until they tell me their user name here. I talked with Joe Spitcoli and that got me wanting to come back here. FB format is good for chat and pics but not so much for a gtg. Anyway it is so good to chat with you again

Yup I still have my 2500 it's not going anywhere.

Yup got a few acres outside Lexington now adays and inherited a house in Detroit

Awesome. Well I decided since I retired to get some land and grow things . We will see how that works out. So far everything is doing quite well. Really including the weeds lol. But I need things to keep busy in my retirement years.

Welcome back Red, now gotta sneak over there and put a snowball on the Black Pearl.

Oh no no  :beating:. I have been snow free for a year now and the Pearl needs no more of that stuff. Up in Utah he did great in it but man the cleaning bills got out of control lol

Hello Aussie,

My condolences on Mr. Skip.  Glad u can find comfort in what you are doing around the house.  I still remember you complaining about the snow @ Crater Lake...then u move 2 Utah??  Glad u & Pearl are back on warmer climate. :D

Would love to see some pics of that orchard! ;D

AyyTrainn said:
Hello Aussie,

My condolences on Mr. Skip.  Glad u can find comfort in what you are doing around the house.  I still remember you complaining about the snow @ Crater Lake...then u move 2 Utah??  Glad u & Pearl are back on warmer climate. :D
Thank you. Anthony it is so awesome touching bases with old friends. How are you ? I hope all is going well for you. Or should I say it like this R U doing ok ? Hope things r gr up there with u  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Yes I still remember what you taught me lol.

Aussie Red said:
Thank you. Anthony it is so awesome touching bases with old friends. How are you ? I hope all is going well for you. Or should I say it like this R U doing ok ? Hope things r gr up there with u  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Yes I still remember what you taught me lol.

Yes Indeed It Is Gr8 Catching Up.  U Learned Well & Fast Grasshoppa!  :D  Things R Gr8.  I Actually Live N Auburn, Washington Now.  Have Not Heard Of A GTG Here yet, But Hopefully Something This Summer Will Pop Off With Tom & The Crew Here.

AyyTrainn said:
Yes Indeed It Is Gr8 Catching Up.  U Learned Well & Fast Grasshoppa!  :D  Things R Gr8.  I Actually Live N Auburn, Washington Now.  Have Not Heard Of A GTG Here yet, But Hopefully Something This Summer Will Pop Off With Tom & The Crew Here.
Man the old gang needs to gather. Wonder if Chris aka Chavy still has his 08 and running

Back