• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear doors and tail gate Lock but won't unlock

burkeyj

Hello, new to the group and have been doing some quick searches for my issue but just need some clarification.  My tail gate and rear doors lock using the fob and the master switch on drivers door but will not unlock with either option.  I am not getting any power to the tail gate solenoid when I press the unlock button (have not tested the doors) which lead me to think it was a fuse but all are ok in the fuse block under the hood and on the side of the dash on the drivers side.  From the reading I have done some folks have said it could be the unlock relay but can not find any clear description as to where this relay is at nor, for the life of me can I find it on google.  Any advice or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Update.  Found that the unlock Relay for the rear doors and the rear tailgate in this gen Avalanche is actually integrated into the Fuse block that is on the drivers side of the dash.  matched up the part number of the fuse block on ebay and ordered a used replacement for $35. Can get them new for around $90.  Only took about 15 min to swap and it fixed the problem.

Congratulations on fixing the problem.  Thanks for posting so as to help others.  (y)

Hi burkeyj

I have the same issue with the rear doors and tailgate, and i'm getting tired of putting down the rear windows so the doors can be open from inside if someone goes in, can you provide the part number or anything related to it so we can get it fixed ?

Back