• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Wont turn over

truckma

As i said its a 2007 ltz ..My truck was sending out a oil sending unit code so  i changed the oil sending unit and filter ran for 3 days and wont turn over again. I did take the oil sending unit and filter out  and its still not turning over. I was wondering if you guys  have any ideas on what could possibly be the  culprit.  my next  thought would be replacing the starter  :help:

thanks
Rebecca
a.k.a Truckma

truckma said:
As i said its a 2007 ltz ..My truck was sending out a oil sending unit code so  i changed the oil sending unit and filter ran for 3 days and wont turn over again. I did take the oil sending unit and filter out  and its still not turning over. I was wondering if you guys  have any ideas on what could possibly be the  culprit.  my next  thought would be replacing the starter  :help:

thanks
Rebecca
a.k.a Truckma
Hi Rebecca,

When you turn the key to the start position, do the interior lights stay on or do they go out?  Do you hear any clicking or other noises?

OK so i have a (as said) 2007 LTZ 5.3 136,000 miles.. im really at a loss my husband is a dodge man so he isn't that familiar with Chevy engines and id love to keep my girl...heres the problem...
my oil sensor gauge went down  so i  came here and read a few post about the oil pressure sensor and filter so i had him replace  them both she ran perfect and smooth for 3 days then boom she was back to no turn over. had him replace the pressure sensor and filter again  she ran for a couple of days then went back to no turn over . she has a good battery ..
Any ideas

Does it crank but not start? Or is it not even turning over?

Test fuel pressure? What 3 PSI readings do you get with with key on, key off, and also after 5 minutes off (bleed-down) pressure?

How did you verify battery was good? Any check engine codes?

truckma said:
OK so i have a (as said) 2007 LTZ 5.3 136,000 miles..

If you put that information in your profile signature, you won't have to repeat it or count on the rest of us remembering it.

Hope you find the solution to your problems.

(y)

yes the lights stay on and the turn over click yes as well but then when i turn the key to fully start thats when theres nothing..

Have the battery LOAD tested.

You said the battery juice is good as new.

Did you have the battery LOAD tested?

That test will tell you if the cells inside the battery can produce the needed AMPERAGE to crank over the engine starter, which takes a good deal of power.

Even a battery with plenty of VOLTAGE to run the lights, radio and other small devices can have a dead or dying cells and not be able to provide the amperage needed to turn over the starter.

Even older "new" batteries that have been sitting on a store shelf can have weak or dying cells.

If you did do the load test and the battery checks out, you could still have a bad connection at the battery or a poor ground somewhere.

You may have a bad starter and you can have that tested.

Another possibility might be the ignition switch in the steering column.

There are other things to check and I'm sure someone will chime in.

Best of luck with your repairs.

(y)

truckma said:
yes the lights stay on and the turn over click yes as well but then when i turn the key to fully start thats when theres nothing..
Can you explain this a bit more?

please indicate true false below:
Turn key to first click and radio comes on and gages turn on etc.

Turn key to START and the STARTER turns the engine over and over until it starts?
Voltmeter is at what number when engine is turning over by starter

Turn key to START and you hear CLICK CLICK CLICK?
Voltmeter is at what number when going CLICK CLICK CLICK?

Turn key to START and NOTHING HAPPENS?
Voltmeter is at what number with KEY in START POsition?

everything is good to go but thinking it could be the  ignition lock cylinder, the anti lock system?

Back