• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

C0268 and C0267. 2002 avalanche 1500 4x4 z71

Niskalaukaus

Allright ladies and gentleman!
My truck is a 2002 Avalanche 1500 4x4 z71 with no traction control.

I was getting trouble codes C0267 pump motor circuit open and C0268 pump motor circuit shorted.

As these two codes are quite opposite of each, i tought it is most likely the EBCM, not the pump. I resoldered the EBCM.

After the resoldering i still get the C0268. Now i would like to know if my EBCM is bad, or if my ABS pump is bad. Or maybe they both are, its possible also.

While i had the EBCM removed i used my multimeter to check the pump resistance from the two poles of the pump pigtail and it showed 1,2 kilo ohms. Quite high right?

Any toughts or tips are welcome. Im trying to avoid replacing unneccesary parts.
Thanks

Allright ladies and gentleman!
My truck is a 2002 Avalanche 1500 4x4 z71 with no traction control.

I was getting trouble codes C0267 pump motor circuit open and C0268 pump motor circuit shorted.

As these two codes are quite opposite of each, i tought it is most likely the EBCM, not the pump. I resoldered the EBCM.

After the resoldering i still get the C0268. Now i would like to know if my EBCM is bad, or if my ABS pump is bad. Or maybe they both are, its possible also.

While i had the EBCM removed i used my multimeter to check the pump resistance from the two poles of the pump pigtail and it showed 1,2 kilo ohms. Quite high right?

Any toughts or tips are welcome. Im trying to avoid replacing unneccesary parts.
Thanks
Having the same c0268 after In resoldered the ecbm, I am thinking it’s the valve/pump. Did you ever figure this out? I checked the grounds on the frame under the drivers seat and no corrosion.

Back