• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bed cargo netting??

Cowboy_Elvis

So I was looking at my friends jeep and hes got that cargo netting that goes over the whole back. I was thinking it would be an awesome thing to try to fit one on my Avy, especially if I have the back seat folded down for the dogs. Has anyone tried to make one of these? I'm thinking I'll make a mounting system from the top brake light and have it mount over on the rails. I'll post pictures when I start and the process as I figure it out.  But if some one has any suggestions or other ideas im game!

Hmm, that sounds interesting.  Looking forward to seeing pictures.

I know they make cargo netting for standard pickups and I would think you could buy one for an 8 ft. bed pickup and have enough netting to go up the sail panels. and secure with bungee cords or cargo straps. I would be careful in not blocking the third brake light so you don't get stopped by a LEO.
I am not sure about you intended use but question the safety of letting your dogs wander around loose when moving. It could lead to injuries and even death having a dog fly around in an accident. (I know many people do it in open pickup beds but that doesn't mean it's a safe or smart thing to do.)

Back