• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Has a suburban to avalanche conversion been done?

wistech

Since its the same platform could it be done?  My 2004 has maybe a year left on it before  the frame gives way.  Say if one picked up a 2015 suburban that was smashed in the rear could I graft the avalanche box and window setup to it .  Just curious. 

NO as you have to have all the midgate stuff to move fromAVY to burn which doubt would be any fun....

now if you remove suburban body proabbly can fit the AVY body onto it..

Might few things youhave to tinker with...
Check Frame PNs to see if they are the same.

I imagine it could be done but would best be done on same generation vehicles 2002-2006. Frame was changed in second gen AVs 2007-2013. Not sure when changes may have occurred in the Suburbans after 2013..... even then it could probably be done if you had enough money,time, tools and ability.
I would guess that all the sensors and electrical stuff could cause compatibility issues between generations.
It may be cheaper and easier to just spend money on treating the underside with rust remover and sealer from companies like POR15 or Westwood.

Back