• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Fuel pump / cranking

lynnboy021

2002 north face..
I have 2 questions,

1. I installed a new fuel pump about 5 years ago and the new pump is so dang loud? The pump works great but is it supposed to be loud or should I replace it?

2. When going to start the truck the motor just keeps cranking like it has no fuel or spark and it does not give me any codes? Can it be the fuel regulator? 

Thanks

Get fuel pressure gage and see what happens after you turn truck off...

Does the pressure bleed off or not?

So your saying you can hear the pump running when you turn the key to the run position without cranking for a few seconds.

Sorry about the late reply... I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge today and with key on motor off gauge goes to 60psi then back to zero psi real quick... I replaced the fuel regulator and I get the same thing.... can it be a leaking fuel injector?

Yes, it could be a leaking injector.  You may want to pull your plugs after doing your key on/off procedure that you just described and look / smell for fuel.

Sounds like you do have fuel pressure so it should start even though it should hold pressure for awhile. It may be something else, I would pull a plug and make sure you have spark while your under the hood...

Back