• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Is there a way to disable TPSM like pulling a fuse?

No Tyme

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
I picked up a set of CK948 accessories wheels and tires but they don't have the sensors in them. I just want to try out the tires for a couple of weeks and would like to eliminate the TPSM in the truck so not to see the notification each day.
Is there an easy way to do so for a short time? I will install sensors if I like the tires.

Short answer; Nope.

Long answer; Federal regs require the TPMS on 2008+ so they make it pretty hard to tamper with. However, supposedly the driver seat module fuse controls the TPMS but there's a good chance it disables the dash lights, your keyless entry and who knows what else.

Ya, I was doing some research on the internet and I think your right. I will just try the SRA's on the Avalanche and see how they are. I had a set on an F150 years ago and did not like the lack of grip, but the truck was much lighter in the rear that my Avalanche will be.

If you have a GM or correct aftermarket scan tool, you can access the BCM and change the TPMS settings. 

Back