• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need a little help

WhiteAvy02

Hello everyone! My problem is I purchased a factory Panasonic overhead dvd player for the avy because it didn't have one and I've searched all over the net looking but I haven't a way nor answer to the serial data line wire and what I may be able to tap into to make it work! Any info would be appreciated Thanks! 

Not sure what year you have but if you have an 02 like in you name, 02's don't have the serial bus.. 03's and up.. 02 head units are stand alone, they just have power, ground, VSS, amp turn on and speaker output to the amp. The only added control is the OnStar interface but it just ties in and outputs through the speakers..

If you want an in-dash double din head unit there are kits to convert the 1-1/2 din to a double din..

Sorry yes mine is a 2002...so there is no wire I can tap to trick the dvd overhead to come on and work? Yes I plan on adding a DD is that the only way I can make this overhead system work?

You could tap into the amp turn on wire if it has a 12volt turn on input.. If I remember right it's the pink wire..

2002 did not have a DVD player overhead so not sure how you got a factory one?

IF it was for later years doubt she will work due to differen computer language..

Probably be a lot easier to do the DD conversion now with a head unit with a DVD than trying to tie an over head DVD player in..

Back