• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

saddlebag seal

JVZL1

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
  I've been in contact with Steele Rubber Products. They are interested in making the saddlebag seal.

I would like to get a list of members that would be interested in the seals.
Maybe sending them a number of interested members would help on them becoming a site sponsor.

Awesome, put me down.. Going to need them sooner or later..

ME if priced right

I could do with a set too.

Now if they could make bed panels seals I would go deep into my pockets Hint Hint

I would likely purchase these and the bed panel seals, if the pricing is reasonable.

(y)

Vaeagleav posted this in 'What did you do to your Avalanche today?'

I hope Steele Rubber Products knows about all the seals have that could need replacing on the aging fleet of AVs and EXTs on the road such as midgate seals and bed panel seals that aren't on a Silverado or Suburban type of vehicle. It could be a nice bit of revenue for them and a great source of replacement seals. I know they have full kits for specific vehicles as well as just individual seals and a kit would be nice eventually for some owner who does a frame off full blown restoration.

I did send this on to SRP.

I went to the Steel Rubber site, apparently they didn't. Only three products for the avalanche and nothing for 07 and up. Two felt products for the front and rear windows and a universal - this will look terrible and work worse- door weatherstripping.

anyone try this site to see if one fits or would work?
OR look elsewhere for similar? maybe trim kerf?
Find one that is double stick taped on?

Mine are for most part fine other then shrinking in length over the years and having about 4" gap

I know it's a seriously long shot but there is a custom rubber parts manufacturing plant about 10 miles from me. They formulate the rubber in house to whatever durometer is required and can embed metal into the shape. The serious drawback is they need a valid CAD drawing; but this was about 15 years ago I talked to them about some tractor pars that were unavailable at the time. I don't know if CAD is still the thing. Regardless, they need a workable program that will allow them to build the forms. They were not capable of making the embedded metal parts but could incorporate them into the part correctly.

It's seriously long shot because they wanted $1,000 for that small round rubber part I wanted to make, that $1,000 did not result in a part though, it just resulted in a prototype. To continue they determined the final cost of creating the individual parts from what the prototypes cost. Minimum part count out the door was determined by size, in this case it was 5,000 units.

I do not know if they are capable of continuous linear extrusion of parts or if they are if a hollow linear part like a panel seal might be possible it might only be possible if it's solid rubber. I just don't know, I haven't been there in 15 years.

Back