• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

breaks grabbing at low speeds when turning?

acedown13

2002 Avy z71 4x4 238k miles
Everything was working fine, my wife was idled in a parking lot for about 30 min and began to drive off, the breaks grabbed to where she had to mash the gas to get out of the grab. She thought it was something with the transmission , i was out of town. It happened again in a drive thru when she was making the turn. I just got in after getting home and backed out of my drivewway and felt the grab a little since my driveway has a slight turn, it wasn't horrible but it was enough to notice. I drove to my mailbox and then went to make a U turn, the breaks grabbed trying to almost stop the vehicle completely and was jerking with me mashing the gas to get out of the turn . Any ideas what this could be? i've had 0 issues with my breaks in the past. I'm too aftraid to drive it at fast speeds in turns but imagine the speed would overcompensate the grab to where i would even notice.

right before my Wheel bearing/Hub seperated this was happening,  Have you checked your tire for play?

JAck up each corner and inspect brakes and hub etc....

No reason to guess without inspecting first.

2002 Avy z71 4x4 238k miles
Everything was working fine, my wife was idled in a parking lot for about 30 min and began to drive off, the breaks grabbed to where she had to mash the gas to get out of the grab. She thought it was something with the transmission , i was out of town. It happened again in a drive thru when she was making the turn. I just got in after getting home and backed out of my drivewway and felt the grab a little since my driveway has a slight turn, it wasn't horrible but it was enough to notice. I drove to my mailbox and then went to make a U turn, the breaks grabbed trying to almost stop the vehicle completely and was jerking with me mashing the gas to get out of the turn . Any ideas what this could be? i've had 0 issues with my breaks in the past. I'm too aftraid to drive it at fast speeds in turns but imagine the speed would overcompensate the grab to where i would even notice.
Ever discover the cause? What was the fix?

acedown13 hasn't logged in since Mar 27, 2020.

You might not get an answer to your question.

Back