• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Christmas on Main Street, Volant PA, Nov 9 2019

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
Like before, let's meet at The Apple Castle and go from there.
Arrive at The Apple Castle at your leisure.
The Apple Castle opens at 7:30.
We will depart The Apple Castle at 10:30.

FRS radios on channel 8.

Schedule:

• ??:??-10:30 Apple Castle

277 State Route 18
New Wilmington, PA 16142
724-652-3221
MAP HERE

• 10:30-11:30 Cheese House

The Cheese House
Routes 18 & 208
New Wilmington, PA
724-946-8558
The Cheese House is on the south side of 208 about 1/4 mile east of 18.

If you think you might purchase some meats or cheese or other food items, bring along an empty cooler to keep your items cool until you get home.

• Circle Cruise near Westminster College on the way to Volant

• 11:45-2:45 Volant

Shopping - Village shops feature seasonal and everyday items perfect for you or someone special on your list
Farmer's Market - Volant Mills
Farm Amish donuts, baked goods, canned goods & quilts. Kettle Corn, Hot Apple Dumpling & Ice Cream
Food trucks - Mill & train car parking lots
Cocoa & cookie decorating - The Kitchen Shoppe
Santa arrives by carriage with Lawrence County Brass Band, local carolers & elves
Carriage Rides - Rides start at Bank parking lot. Tickets available at the Kitchen Shoppe $5/person
Carolers - throughout the Village

• Dinner 3:00
Any opposition to going back to The Tavern on the Square? https://tavernonthesquarerestaurant.com/
I do not want to do The Iron Bridge Inn this year.

Attended:
GoldBowTie and Toots
Calicak89
james21
OldVMer
N1NCZ

Not sure right now if I can attend. It's quite a far drive for me this year. So it'll be a last minute thing.

Put us on the attending list.

--OldVMer

Last year we had the lowest temperature.
I guess this year we can have the lowest attendance?

Let's hope its warmer this year. (y)

james21 said:
Let's hope its warmer this year. (y)

Does that mean you plan to attend?  (y)

--OldVMer

For anyone wanting to cruise together from Ohio, I guess this means you, OldVMer.
GoldBowTie plans to leave Summit Racing about 8:30 and will be getting on I76 east to head to Pennsylvania.

FRS radios on channel 8.

GoldBowTie said:
For anyone wanting to cruise together from Ohio, I guess this means you, OldVMer.
GoldBowTie plans to leave Summit Racing about 8:30 and will be getting on I76 east to head to Pennsylvania.

FRS radios on channel 8.

(y)

Nice!

I have not heard any comments on if/where to get dinner.
The early dinner is a nice way to end the day, but it is not a requirement.  :dunno:

GoldBowTie said:
I have not heard any comments on if/where to get dinner.
The early dinner is a nice way to end the day, but it is not a requirement.  :dunno:

We like the food better at Iron Bridge, but getting a large group in was a major pita.  Okay with either.

-- OldVMer

I probably will not stay for dinner, got a long drive to get back.

Looking at the long range forecast, might not be any donuts this year. Supposed to be cold like last year.

Yeah, Toots mentioned that to me.  :mad:
Sucks for us.
Probably sucks for them too as they miss out on a profitable weekend.

Anyone on Face book that  can check the Volant Christmas page???? They posted it there last year saying there would  beno doughnuts.  Neither Jim or I are on Facebook.

According to Volant Mills, it all depends on the temp Sat morning, whether they will come or not.

Well I'm gonna try like heck to get up there tomorrow, so that I can see everyone on Saturday. May not be a warm one, probably won't be any donuts (Again), but I'm sure it'll still be a good time.

Well, I made the trek up here from NC, 9hrs straight. I'm going to be pretty ticked off if no one shows up tomorrow morning

james21 said:
Well, I made the trek up here from NC, 9hrs straight. I'm going to be pretty ticked off if no one shows up tomorrow morning

There better be donuts.  See you at Apple Castle.

-- OldVMer

Apple Castle has donuts...just not the ones you REALLY want.

Back