• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Suggested 100,000 Mile Maintenace

BucksOSU

Hello All.  I'm about to roll 100k on my 3rd Av.  This one is a 2013.  I'm debating what type of maintenance to do with it turning over the century mark.  The gas mileage is fine (hasn't changed), so I'm wondering if I even bother with plugs.  Belts have no cracks or squeaks.  I have done all of the regular oil changes, tire rotations and brakes/tires as needed.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Just purchased my 2nd Avalanche, this time a 2004 2500.  It has 217k miles.  I replaced all shocks, brakes, e-brakes, rear axle seals (1 was leaking), 1 transfer case seal, both motor mounts, plugs and wires, both belts, added K&N air filer, oil and oil filter, rt lower ball joint and virtually all steering components.  Muffler required replacement.  Following steering rebuild, alignment was required.  Radiator, oil cooler lines and high pressure steering lines + steering box were also replaced.

Getting ready for long trips, and wanted parts replaced as CarFax had some repair / maintenance history. 

no right or wrong answer...
What is required would be listed in manual.

Doing what is written is cheap insurance against future breakdowns.

All the fluids. Skip anything with recent service, but personally I'd replace the transmission fluid & filter, (4x4?) gear oil in both differentials, transfer case, power steering and brake fluid. Have plugs & wires ever been changed?

I agree with all the fluids, plugs and wires. I would also add fuel filter to that list. My 2010 Z71 is at 80K miles and I?m also changing shocks, struts, and stab bar link ends. Anyone have experience with leveling the front end with spacers under, or above, the struts?

Ladon23 said:
... I would also add fuel filter to that list. ...

Isn't the fuel filter inside the fuel tank and part of the fuel pump?

If it were me, I'd just wait for the fuel pump to go out and replace that as a unit.

When I replaced my fuel pump a couple of months ago, the fuel pump we removed was the original with 230K miles on it.

We saw no signs of any dirt or debris.

Back