• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stabilitrak - fuel / air related issue

Alwaysnosing

All,

I just wanted to chime in and let people know of a problem I solved over the past week. I have had intermittent battery failure but thought we simply had a drain in there somewhere, so I replaced the battery anyway from Costco. Hooked it all up and then started to have constant Stabilitrak issues and codes about bank 1 being lean etc..... I looked over all of the usual suspects but eventually found the culprit.

It ended up being a split PCV hose rubber, i only noticed it as I was poking around the engine when it was running and my arm put pressure on it. Ordered an OEM replacement for $15 and bobs your uncle! No stabilitrak issues and no error codes!

I will be replacing my Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor this weekend by doing the 'hole in the floor' method, so perhaps I will video it and post it up! I'm going to use Aviation Snips to cut the metal to reduce any issues with fuel and sparks!

Back