• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Date not correct on 2006

horse_crazy_in_ala

Newbie question. The actual date is not correct on my 2006 with BOSE and navigation. I have seen the you tube videos that show you how to correct the date on 2007 and later models.
I simply have not been able to find a way to correct the date on my 2006. Please help?

Thanks.

Horse Crazy in Ala

I'll check mine tomorrow, but check your nav disk and see what version is it.

Oppps :welcome: to the club.

I suspect you have an after market Nav, the stock one does not display a date at all.

Thank you both for reading my post. I did buy the Avalanche new and still have the original manuals. One of the manuals is entitled Navigation System, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban. Page 2-4 from that manual  references the Date and says to press and hold the Time Display and it will display the Date. That does work and that is how I know my date is wrong. I have both the original DVD and the GM North America Navigation LATEST DVD Map GPS Update Part# 22846887 10.4 v10.4. It does not seem to matter which DVD is installed as far as the date is concerned. My best guess is the date should get updated along with the time when the radio uses the GPS satellite to set the time. I know that the time function is working correctly.

Does your Nav look like this

navscreen.JPG

normal_06nav.jpg

I'll be darn, it is there and obviously wrong.

06nav1.jpg

I hate when you guys throw these things at me.

If the date is coming from the GPS signal that's probably the issue. The GPS satellites have an internal clock that has a roll over date that happens every so often (similar to computers with Y2K, but the rollover occured in the last year).

In the marine world, the manufacturers had to provide updated software so the head units could show the correct date. My understanding is that the inability to process the date correctly can create issues with position calculations, but i didn't see it on my boat's chartplotter. My boat GPS woudl display position, but not date and time. After the software update everything worked correctly. 

Trilo_G said:
If the date is coming from the GPS signal that's probably the issue. The GPS satellites have an internal clock that has a roll over date that happens every so often (similar to computers with Y2K, but the rollover occured in the last year).

I was wondering if this was going to be the issue.

I bought a new TomTom nav this year because they were not going to update the software of my old one and the clock and trip timing function would not be compliant and function properly.

The clock is from a Escalade,

You can turn on the GPS but its not changing the date. I don't think its capable of doing it

Wow,

I can not believe how many people have read this and thanks to each person that has taken the time to respond.

The diagram and pictures are exactly the same as the display I am looking at.

Back