• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New wires working great

CenFL Avalanche

I installed Taylor spark plug wires from Summit Racing last year on my 2007 5.3 Avalanche.  They were custom fit and less than $100 for the set.  The motor is much smoother now; no sign of knock, and a little better gas mileage.  Part: Taylor 409 Pro Race Spiro-Wound 10.4mm Spark Plug Wires 79206

My black 2007 Z71 has almost 148,000 miles now, but had around 125,000 miles when the wires were replaced.  I should have replaced them before 100,000 miles when I did the plugs.

Mike

Ok, thanks. I've got 64,000 on mine and I was wondering when I should start replacing things. At idle my avalanche used to run so smooth, you would think it's not running. Lately, it's picked up a slight flutter, but still runs great.

Even with the low miles of your 2007, I would consider replacing the wires since it is easy to do and not a major expense.  Like tires, the wire insulators begin to break down with age, especially in high heat regions like Florida.  I would replace the plugs at the same time.  If you haven't replaced the tranny fluid yet, I would consider doing that as well.

Mike

Were the plugs easy to get to? I've had vehicles that were a nightmare to change the plugs. I live in Arizona, so you're probably right about changing the wires.

All plugs and wires were easy to get to except for the passenger side rear cylinder since there isn't a lot of room to work back there due to the AC components. 

Also, Napa Premium wires are another good choice of custom fit wires to use. 

Mike

Back