• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Transfer Case Control Module

dna9656

Hi all! I have an 06 Z71 1500 Avalanche. The TCCM IS NOT behind the pass. kick panel but behind the speedometer or "Instrument Cluster. I have had the cluster out in the past to repair the gauge motors. I got a page fromt he service manula from another member (thanks you so much!) that shows where the module is but no  indication on how to get to it. HELP PLEASE!

From the bottom, unplug it and there is a clip holding it on.

If i remember right

dna9656 said:
Hi all! I have an 06 Z71 1500 Avalanche. The TCCM IS NOT behind the pass. kick panel but behind the speedometer or "Instrument Cluster. I have had the cluster out in the past to repair the gauge motors. I got a page fromt he service manula from another member (thanks you so much!) that shows where the module is but no  indication on how to get to it. HELP PLEASE!
So what's going on with your 4WD?

OK sports fans on MY '06 Z71 1500 the TCCM is slightly to the left of the steering column and above the parking brake release. I took out some computer(?) with 5 plugs going into it on it's forward side but it's really not necessary and you'll have a devil of a time getting 1 if not 2 screws back in the bracket. There is ALMOST enough of the wire harness pig tail to allow you to remove and re-install the 3 plugs on the TCCM.

Thanks to all who responded to my dilemma! So far no service 4 X $ message yet.

Back