• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

03 Avi no onstar, steering controlls ect no volume

chrisharrington22

I installed a JVC KW-NT800 HDT DVD NAvi unit today, used the PAC OS=-2Bose interface. Everything works but I dont have any volume. IS this because The truck isnt bose or onstar equiped? Do I need to get a different adapter? I turned the volume up all the way and I could barley hear any sound, Its like there is no amp attached. Nt sure the issue but thinking its the wrong adapter. Can any one please confirm the correct adapter please if that is the problem?

I'm no expert on aftermarket head units, but somewhere on it it has a amp/ preamp switch or setting

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029028&page=3

I tried enabling the preamp and disabling. It has no sound when I kill the amp selector. And is super quiet when I turn it in. I'm betting it's the pac adapter tye one I have hooked up is for the OnStar equipped vehicle. I was just looking for confirmation before spending the cash for the standard adapter.

Back