• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002 Avalanche + SS Seat airbag light wire help?

MajorStoned

Hello, I have a 2002 Avalanche 1500 4x4. I have a airbag light on that I tracked to under the drivers seat. The truck already had a SS seat installed. Codes B0029, B0041, B0045. I found a loose black and white wire (seatbelt ground?), with a orange, and solid black wire coming from under the carpet. Three wires total. The orange, and solid black wires are still connected to the SS seat connectors, which SS seat wire (color) does the loose black and white wire connect to? Thank you in advance

The carpet black and white wire probably connects to the SS seat connector black and white wire. Just couldn't see it clearly in the dark lol. But air bag light still on. I will check codes again, maybe did codes B0041, B0045 (LEFT front side deployment loop open). But code B0029 is the (RIGHT side deployment loop, that may still be there. I deleted codes on my scanner and will get fresh codes. Also changed my driver power window door locks about same time airbag light turned on hmm...

FYI.
No 2002 AVY ever had SS seats as option.
So previous owner swapped them in.

Thank you, yes it was already swapped out when I bought it. Then wire job is pretty bad. Also rolled back miles somehow. Also had to get trans rebuilt. Also I did water, steering pump, Also did alt, starter, batt. Also did rotors, pads, parking brakes. Also, also, also.....

Back