• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Checking every day

Marc Napert

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2016

Hey all, where is everybody??  Now that I've got a job with internet access and I can get on this site , I've been checking in every day, and nothing ! 
  I am beginning to wonder if my laptop was updating every day or not.  Where y'all at !!??

It's been pretty quite around these parts  :cry:

Things can get a little slow, at times.

Jump in and start making some posts.

Others will chime in.

(y)

Yes unfortunately since the AV hasn't been made since 2013 the "new car smell" excitement has worn off some and they has been less activity on the boards except for posts about buying a used AV or maintaining/repairing a used AV etc.
To increase posts and interest you may have to take the reins and try to increase talk and meetings by doing things like printing out the website brochure and "tagging" other AVs you spot in your town as well as starting threads about activities to do in your area such as car shows, charity toy runs, meetings at local amusement parks or even a favorite restaurant such as Hooters or Steak and Lube on car nights etc.
God luck with your efforts.

I'm still around in the mid west , and still looking forward to coming up your way.

Still here and still love my Avalanche (on # 2).

It's just like most other forums these days. They have lost out to Facebook groups. And fewer and fewer trucks still alive also doesn't help things.

I don't post much, as I don't have the wealth of knowledge that so many on here already have. But I do lurk a bit....

It's not hibernation time.  No one wants to do anything.  I just came back from a GTG. Had a great time.  Did some mods, partied  out.  A blast.  Just got tired of posting and no one interested. Might be doing another one next month or month after.  Two New England Avalanches are still going strong.

You or Chris should post about the Holiday Lights show in NH. That's a cool thing to do

I'll do it again. I'll  ask if he is up to it.  Maybe we can get a few more people.  Let me know when you get back.  We'll meet up. Show ya all the mods I've done .

Like to do that, it'll be in January. Like to go out and have a couple cocktails one last time. Once I get the surgery, I can't have any cocktails, maybe one beer. It is all about sugar intake.

Well lets put some dates out there - dec 14-15

Fyi gift of lights - Thursday, November 28, 2019 (Thanksgiving) through Sunday, January 5, 2020.

I'm off that weekend.  We will see if I take the Beast out in inclement weather conditions.    He doesn't like to get his tires wet.  LMAO!!!.  I'm game.  Have the Christmas week off , also. That's vaca. Week. Let's do what we do best.  Let's  Party.

Could even do a quick lunch date, that way no one has to ruin a weekend. Like we did first GTG.  Meet in the middle some where.  Do a sports bar for some tasty wings.  And a few beverages. Then if they like it, they can get serious and do the weekend thing like us. They will have to pass the LT.  test.    LoL.......

Never give up hope! Maybe Ill rebuild another Avalanche next year.... lol that will get 3 peeps back....lol

I'm still here in Ohio.  I too joined the FB site but deleted my FB account because I couldn't stand the vitriol.  I'd love to see some of the old gang who migrated over there come back here.  Of course, the gang that remains is top notch in my book which is why I still hang around.  (y)

james21 said:
You or Chris should post about the Holiday Lights show in NH. That's a cool thing to do
  I went the week before Christmas . Got there in the middle of a snow storm. they had canceled about an hr. before I got there.  not happy .  oh well ...next year .

I don't get on much these days but I'm here (y)

got my AV so i will be more active now >:D

Back