• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What's this cutout on the side of the bed for?

Annona

Is there an OEM partition that slides in there?
Thanks,

D9JPiVD.jpg

Another question: is anybody using this to hold stuff in the bed?

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Truck-Bed-Accessories/Truck-Luggage-by-TruXedo-Expedition-Cargo-Sling

I'm still learning things about the AVs, I never knew this.

I've been meaning to create a whole guide on how to use those, including cut dimensions, but time keeps slipping by...

There's a slotted area in the front and rear of the bed. You can do so many variations to suit your needs. From creating a second shelf... to an elevated floor... to a "level" floor for 4x8 sheets for when they slide all the way in... to creating loading partitions... to just about anything you can imagine. I think it's one of the best kept secrets of the Avalanche and even GM has added something similar to their brand new CarbonPro bed. Once again proving the Avalanche was ahead of its time and super versatile.

ca2kjet said:
I've been meaning to create a whole guide on how to use those, including cut dimensions, but time keeps slipping by...

Well, get to work.  :kidding:

Yeah if memeory serves me right something in a brochure about it from 2002.
2x6 is used for both or maybe it was 2x6 vert and 2x4 horizon....

Back